If reducing noise is as important as adding good looks to a space, and economy’s a factor too, here’s the door most people turn to. The Accordion Door STC 21 single-wall acoustic partitions are ideally suited to spaces where, in addition to closing off part of a room, some degree of sound reduction* is desired.
In restaurants, churches, offices, assisted living facilities, almost anywhere, this durable Accordion Door STC 21 serves to reconfigure a space at a moment’s notice, minimize distracting noise, and also, thanks to full-perimeter seal system, lessen heat loss and air exchange between rooms.
Every job is custom made as per STC requirement and Project placement, Panel Sizes and detailes are to be determined from our approval drawings.
- Panels: 4¼” wide by ¼” thick; available in Vinyl-Lam and hardwood veneer faces front and back
- Panel Connectors: Flexible vinyl, color-coordinated to panel selection
- Track: 2″ x 1-1/8″ aluminum, dark bronze or clear finish
- Sound Seal: Flexible vinyl sweep strips mounted top and bottom, with wood molding mounted on both sides of the track forming a 4-7/8″ wide sweep surface
- Wheels: Nylon wheels on steel axle with ball bearings supplied as standard
- Lead Post: ¾” x 2¾” aluminum, color-coordinated to panel connectors
- Jamb Molding: 1-5/8″ wide by 1″ deep aluminum
- Latch: Deadlatch with thumbturn on two sides; keylocks or magnetic catch options available
- Handle: Molded PVC with finger access
- Width: Custom crafted to any width
- Height: Vinyl-Lam up to 12’1″; hardwoods up to 10’1″
- Stacking Space: 1¼” per foot, plus 2¾” for lead post
* Field Sound Transmission Class: The Accordion Door STC 21 has a field sound transmission class rating of (FSTC) 21. Field tests were performed by Bruck, Richards & Chaudiere, Inc. of Seattle, Washington following the procedures specified in ASTM designation E 336-77.
Accordion Door Production Facility:
Decorative Options – Laminates are especially good for installations demanding durable and easy-to-maintain (and clean) partitions: hospitals, laboratories, and restaurants are some examples. Our custom service opens up a world beyond standard decorator colors, to include a wide selection of high-pressure decorative laminates you can specify for any Accordion Door. If you’ve found a laminate from any nationally recognized brand, tell us the manufacturer’s name and pattern number and we’ll make the door for you. How easy is that?
Custom Logos and Murals – When you want to brandish your brand, consider a custom designed and applied logo, trademark, or corporate image on your accordion door. Or maybe you want a scenic alpine meadow for a restaurant divider, or a soothing, subtle pattern? Decorative murals are a great option for commercial or residential room dividers.
Hardwood Veeners – We offer stunning hardwood veneers in birch, maple, oak, cherry, mahogany, walnut, and alder for our Accordion Doors, to suit almost any installation. But if your order calls for something a little more upscale—something unique—also makes a variety of exotic and special hardwood veneers
Wood & Color Selector
A corporate executive presented his office designer with what seemed to be a contradictory request: a way to reinforce his relaxed, open-door management style, but also provide privacy and quiet when needed.
By combining our ANC see-though doors with hardwood panels, the designer was able to meet his client’s desire for a welcoming sense of openness, as well as occasional privacy. Installation on a curved track adds to the office’s architectural interest.